- - - - -

Profile Messed up

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

• Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

On most of the skins I've demoed here at your site, I notice that the profile is messed up a bit on the custom field section.

Below is what I see on both IE8 and FireFox...

Attached File  profile.png   13.22KB   1 downloads

As you can see, the profile section is squished to the left rather than spread out as it should be.

#2 Stryker

Stryker

• IBSkin Loyal & Active Member

• Customers

• 287 posts
  • Skin: Vertex 3.4.6

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:08 AM

That's because it was imported from the move from 2.3.6 to 3.0.0.

They haven't been rebuilt to get them back to where they should be.

#3 Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

• Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

Yeah the reason I ask, is one of the sites I got to had the Holiday Xmas skin you use to display on this site, and that too had the same problem. Just seems to be more common with your skins and I was wondering if I bought a skin, would I too have this same problem and if I did, I'm just wondering when that issue would be fixed. Because I'm looking to buy the Holiday skins, including this Candie Pop skin when its available.

Thanks again,
Rob

#4 HHHmagz

HHHmagz

• IBSkin Loyal & Active Member

• Customers

• 412 posts
  • Skin: Vertex 3.4.6

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

Atthe moment Eva is still working on the candi skin and it isnt available for purchase, until she has got it all sorted we cant really answer that question sorry.

Edited by HHHmagz, 11 February 2010 - 04:37 PM.

#5 Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

• Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:55 AM

So any update on this issue yet?

I want to purchase 3 skins, but I'm not wanting to do so with the profile being messed up. I'd like to know if this is going to be adressed or not. If this were just a IE issue I wouldn't mind it so much, but it seems to be a issue with both IE8 and FF.

IE8 I can correct the issue with the Compatibility mode to the right of the address bar, but can;t do so with FF.

If you have no plans on correcting this please let me know as I won't bother you anymore and I'll look for other skins.

Thanks,
Rob

#6 Wotsit

Wotsit

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

So any update on this issue yet?

Not an official update ... but:

I've just installed that skin on a test site and this is what I see with FF 3.6:

#7 Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

• Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

Broken image, can you post it again please :)

#8 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

Okay, I will tell you guys this one more time... I have never touched that template in the skin. I have never edited that template in any way. If you are seeing an error in the profile, that error is also there on the IPB default skin because I had nothing to do with it. This is a bug that needs to be reported to Rikki as all my skins are based off the IPB default skin.

Sherri :)

#9 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

Okay, just seen what you mean. I had to squeeze my screen down really narrow so that all the stuff in the profile was scrunched together and I was able to recreate it. It's not an error, it's a matter of needing a bigger monitor or higher resolution to be able to even view this software at it's best. I use a 24" monitor and I never see it do that, but when I took it down to tiny size, like what would be seen on a 1200 resolution, it was there. So rikki needs to know that his profile layout is not optimized for all screen resolutions.

#10 Wotsit

Wotsit

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

Okay, just seen what you mean. I had to squeeze my screen down really narrow so that all the stuff in the profile was scrunched together and I was able to recreate it. It's not an error, it's a matter of needing a bigger monitor or higher resolution to be able to even view this software at it's best. I use a 24" monitor and I never see it do that, but when I took it down to tiny size, like what would be seen on a 1200 resolution, it was there. So rikki needs to know that his profile layout is not optimized for all screen resolutions.

True. What I was trying to point out is that what is shown doesn't even appear on an installation that has no alterations. Any custom fields I installed/made visible. Country, Gender, came out under the My Information block. It did not come out under a block on the left as shown here on IBSkin.

The OP can therefore purchase the skins without worrying about that layout :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users