Photo
- - - - -

I'm Back and getting caught up on things...

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#1 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

As most of you know, the past 3 years has been a bit of a roller coaster ride for me and my family. First we lost Trent's mom, then we lost my dad, and then 2 weeks ago we lost Trent's dad. He was dieing of small cell lung cancer that had spread all over his body. He ended up having a bad reaction to the chemo and we lost him in a matter of hours, without any warning. We had appointments on Monday, May 24th to get his will, life insurance and power of attorney in order for me to handle the estate for him in the event of his death, but he didn't make it in time. He was a procrastinator, to say the least, and we had to rush him to the hospital and lost him only hours later, so none of the papers were ever signed. Well, the past couple of weeks have been spent so far, searching through everything in his house searching for a will or something to point us in the right direction, getting all the paperwork in order, etc. Now it's time to begin the probate since nothing was signed. It was all left to Trent's mom who passed a couple years ago already, so this has been a bit of a nightmare. I was very close to Trent's parents, and I spent the last couple months caring for his dad while he was out to sea. I've never handled death very well as it is, but seeing the 3rd parent leave us in 3 years was a bit too much to take and I guess I kinda shut down for a while. There's this feeling of emptiness for us both that I just can't explain. Dad lived across the street, and now we wake up each day and go feed his animals and have to see an empty house with his truck out front, but no dad. It hasn't been easy, but things are slowly getting back to "normal" (if there is such a thing)

To add insult to injury, Trent was laid off the same day that his dad passed away. Not even 30 minutes after his dad took his last breath, the cell phone rang and it was work telling him that his boat had been stacked (dry docked) and the crew laid off. Needless to say, Trent has been devastated. He has NEVER been able to handle being out of work. Problem is, in his line of work he's in now, he can't just go apply for a new job. We have to go to port and go from company to company and apply in person, but that is 4 to 5 hours away, so now we must plan on a couple of days here soon to go to Louisiana so he can start applying and pray he gets on with someone soon. (he's driving me NUTS being around this house and cleaning, fixing things all the time! lol)

On a better note, my son is now here with me. We flew in on June 3rd last week. He will be here with me for 2 months. He got so tall. He's much taller than me now. He will be 17 in August. It's so hard to believe so much time has passed and he's almost the age I was when he was born. (18) Sometimes, I wish time could stand still for just a little while, to give my heart time to catch up.

Well... Looks like I'm going to be one busy lady today. I've missed a lot during my absence. Including the new release of 3.1 final, so I guess I better get busy on getting some work done. It doesn't do much good now, but the night before we lost dad, I was about to release this new skin for 3.0.6, Xeriteq. I just never got it done. I'm going to release it today.

I'll keep you guys posted on what's happening, what's coming up and all that good stuff. I just want to thank all of you for your kindness, patience and understanding while I had to be gone these past few weeks. :)

#2 Deb

Deb

Official IBSkin Supporter!

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • 113 posts
  • Skin: Seascape 3.4.6

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

#3 k3rMz

k3rMz

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

welcome back sherri ,

nice to see youve got back on ya feet and looking forward :)

#4 IllinoisDEV

IllinoisDEV

A Very Special Customer!

• 61 posts
  • Interests:getting well, and learning to live single again with multiple sclerosis.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

Big Hugs from Missy & I. We are certainly there in spirit with your family. I absolutely hate to see you hurting so much. Lots Of Love....... Mark & Missy and the kids.......

#5 Faelwen

Faelwen

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

Glad to see you back and seeing that you are okay, Sherri. My prayers are with you and Trent as I hope he finds himself back in the workforce, soon. *hugs* You were greatly missed!

#6 The Old Man

The Old Man

IBSkin Loyal & Active Customer

•  Premium Member
  • 232 posts
  • Skin: Executive 3.4.6
  • Interests:Web, Tech, PC Hardware, Gadgets, Movies

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

Welcome back, I hope things work out for the better for your family soon. :239:

#7 Breadfan

Breadfan

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

I don't know what to say except, hang in there!
Getting back to work might be the best thing for you right now, try not to think too much about all the stuff that happened.

Take care!

#8 HHHmagz

HHHmagz

IBSkin Loyal & Active Member

• Customers
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:49 AM

Big hugs babes and welcoemback. U know where i am if u need to talk!

#9 pisaldi

pisaldi

Valued Customer

• 39 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Welcome back.... and force !!!!

#10 cwade

cwade

Official IBSkin Supporter!

• 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:28 AM

Welcome back Sherri,
I pray The Heavens keep you and your family well.
I shall keep up here with the goings on and PM my thoughts later.

Say us well to Trent and the gang.

All will be well, it always is, because this too shall pass

Blessings