• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#1 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

:info: A Fresh Start for Me & IBSkin!

IBSkin will be starting fresh and new from today on. My long term absence has really left me recharged and ready more than ever to do some of my best work ever! I can't wait to get upgrades released and get some new skins out to bring back the life our site once had. I have missed my work so much. I feel like I'm about ready to jump out of my skin I'm so excited to be back and get back to work. I doubt I'll sleep much the next few nights with pure eagerness to do as much as I can. I look forward to again seeing lots of great feedback from our customers. I miss those days terrably. LOL

:info: Skin Upgrades...

Now that IPS has released IPB 3.1.1 and all components as well, and all my recent personal tragedies are behind me, it is time to begin skin upgrades. Unfortunately, it will not be as easy to upgrade any of our skins as I had hoped. The skin upgrade tool only upgrades minimal areas of the skin. So, with this being said, I have no choice but to redesign each of our skins to work with IPB 3.1.1 and it's components. This will take some time to say the least, but fortunately, I've got nothing but time on my hands, so I'm ready to get at it and get 'em done! Please do not PM me or email me asking when your skin will be upgraded as this will only take away from my work schedule in getting the skins rebuilt and delay everything if I have to answer all of you. :)

There IS a skin upgrade tool in IPB 3.1 that you can use to upgrade your skins, and your skin will still be fully functional, but the problem is, many of the new goodies in IPB 3.1.1 will not appear properly, if at all, so if you wish to continue using your 3.0 skins, it is recommended that you avoid upgrading to IPB 3.1 until your skin has been upgraded and released.

I have already started upgrading the skins. The first one to be released will be "Red Pro" as this was a really popular skin for IPB 3.0 and nearly every customer here at IBSkin purchased it. I will continue on with the rest of the upgrades according to popularity.

Once Red Pro is upgraded, I will upgrade IBSkin Forums to IPB 3.1.1 and all our components as well so you all can see it live in action.

:info: Skin Upgrade Fees...

The jump from IPB 2.3 to IPB 3.0 to IPB 3.1 all in such a short period of time has caused so much additional work that it would be impossible for me to continue releasing upgrades at no cost to the customers. These have all been major upgrades to the IPB software that require total skin redesign which is not a quick process. Our skins are already at their lowest prices ever since we opened our doors back in 2004. It is for this reason that I will have to charge a $10 upgrade fee for all skins that are upgraded for IPB 3.1. The good news is, I'm also upgrading all our IPB 2.3 version skins as well, so if you purchased a skin for IPB 2.3 and/or 3.0, you are entitled to only the upgrade fee upon purchase. Simply provide an old order number or email receipt or paypal email address so we can look up your previous order for you to confirm. You will see the option to purchase your skin for the low $10 upgrade fee in the skin shop on the page of the skin you are buying/upgrading. If you have several skins to purchase upgrades for, it may be better to purchase a premium membership when you consider the money you would save, plus having access to download ALL our skins on top of the upgrades to ones you already have. It's a win/win! :)

:info: Custom Skin Orders...

Right now, I have only 3 custom skin orders in que. I will balance my custom work with my skin upgrades so not to worry, both will be done in sufficient time. :)
I do not plan to take on any additional custom skin orders until ALL skin upgrades are complete and I have a few new skins out as well. I think it's high time I focused on what is best for IBSkin and that means making sure all our customers on a whole are as happy as possible, which means no time for extra custom skins for a while.

:info: New Staff...

I will be taking on a few new staff members over the next few days. Stryker has decided to leave us for now. He has much going on in his life at this time. He has been a true god send to me and IBSkin and I am really going to miss him. It is truly a great loss to our site. He has kept us going during my absence these past months and I could not have kept IBSkin going without him.

Well, that pretty much sums it all up for now. I'm going to go fix up some dinner and then get back to work. I feel like I'm starting the site new all over again just like it felt back in 2004. I can't wait to see all of you as happy as I am and get these upgrades out.

Many hugs and blessings to all of you!
Sherri

#2 IllinoisDEV

IllinoisDEV

A Very Special Customer!

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • 61 posts
  • Skin: Seascape 3.4.6
  • Interests:getting well, and learning to live single again with multiple sclerosis.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

It's so nice to see you feeling great finally Sheri - You certainly have been through it.

Mark :)

#3 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

Thank you so much Mark. I gotta say though, it's not gonna be easy. Looks like my absence really ticked off a lot of people. :(
But I guess I had it coming. After all, this is a business. I'll just have to work extra hard to get back on top. ;)

Fun! Fun! Fun! LOL :tease:

#4 IllinoisDEV

IllinoisDEV

A Very Special Customer!

• 61 posts
  • Interests:getting well, and learning to live single again with multiple sclerosis.

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

They will come back - and many more. Even with your own business - you still have a life - and people have to understand that. You have had allot to deal with, lots of challenges, etc... To me you are just plain awesome... And - no I'm not brown-nosing. :) Hugs

#5 Webmist

Webmist
  • Interests:The Sims 2

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

We'll stick with you Sherri. I've actually used the time to get in line some things before I open my forum. Since I want to open with 3.1 and not a lot of skins have been released yet compatible for it. Also with vb skins so slow to release. I want to focus on what can be done with forum software and the skins that show of the customization the best. For both people/members that make up the forum as well as administrate. So if it takes a little longer to fully showcase that aspect then it will be well worth it.

#6 Wotsit

Wotsit

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

Ignore the scum. Have a caffeine fix and an early night. It's 2AM here so I'm going to. :)

One thing I forgot to mention is 3.1.1's requirement for 128MB memory. You may have to consult Deb re that as I have a distant memory of Magz saying she had to move servers.

Edited by tAPir, 08 July 2010 - 07:46 PM.

#7 The Old Man

The Old Man

IBSkin Loyal & Active Customer

•  Premium Member
  • 232 posts
  • Skin: Executive 3.4.6
  • Interests:Web, Tech, PC Hardware, Gadgets, Movies

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:21 AM

Great news Sherri. Thanks for putting IP skins first and custom work second. Its the core of your business. Welcome back!

One thing I forgot to mention is 3.1.1's requirement for 128MB memory. You may have to consult Deb re that as I have a distant memory of Magz saying she had to move servers.

Hi taPir, you just prompted me to post this tip!
http://www.ibskin.co...-a-simple-edit/

#8 Wotsit

Wotsit

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:00 AM

Great news Sherri. Thanks for putting IP skins first and custom work second. Its the core of your business. Welcome back!

Hi taPir, you just prompted me to post this tip!
http://www.ibskin.co...-a-simple-edit/

:thumbsup:

#9 Deb

Deb

Official IBSkin Supporter!

• 113 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

Ignore the scum. Have a caffeine fix and an early night. It's 2AM here so I'm going to. :)

Magz is with me too taPir, and the server memory is already upped to cover what is needed to run 3.1.1 :)

#10 Wotsit

Wotsit

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

Magz is with me too taPir, and the server memory is already upped to cover what is needed to run 3.1.1 :)

Thanks for that :). I don't have an IP.Board running on your servers as the one I webmaster is elsewhere. I didn't want Evanescence running into a problem we'd already encounted. :)