Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Aplitex Dark 3.1 + Matching HTML Template Released!

• Please log in to reply

48 replies to this topic

#31 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:54 AM

Please be aware that there are a few Bugs on this Release of Aplitek Dark. I've raised about 7 tickets. I'm sure Sherri will get down to it soon as its fairly new, but if anyone was concerned, then I thought you might like a little heads up on it.Posted Image

Just to clarify ... most of your bugs were caused by a minify problem and not with coding of the skin. Most, if not all of it, was sorted and, I think, you still have one ticket open that was a suggestion.

B)

Thats certainly true for me. Minify was causing most of the problems. Of Course Morph has some valid points and its really just a case of whether the errors are causing Major Problems, as to whether there is justification for his views. I think we have to expect a few minor issues on a new skin, but it shouldn't take too long, to rectify them. Sherri is obviously really busy finishing her Genesis Skin, which looks like its done now, so perhaps we'll get the other Aplitek Probs sorted now. I spent a load of time finding and recording the issues that were caused by Minfiy, but it would have been great to have found that out sooner....but hey...now we know.Posted Image

Edited by toprobroy, 05 September 2010 - 03:55 AM.

#32 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Well its been a long time now and I still can't see a 3.2 on Aplitex Dark on the Website. Have I missed it or is it never going to be done.
I'm running site with about 5000 users and can't move over to 3.2 and whatever benefits I have. I'm also a Red Pro Owner, but don't want to make the leap if we're never going to get Aplitex. Do you think its possible to find out what's going on. The last post this was a year and a quarter ago?
Maybe I'm the most Patient Patient!
Thanks Robert.

#33 Wotsit

Wotsit

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

I haven't seen it on the schedule yet. Not moving over because of one skin wasn't my reason for being slow on upgrading. It was things like the Tracker still being in beta.

However, I can't give you an ETA, so I'd say go ahead with your Red Pro (after upgrading to the 3.2 version) as 3.3.x is not far away.

#34 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks, but I wanted to have both on 3.2 or 3.3. Are you saying Ev is waiting for 3.3 before doing Aplitek?

#35 Wotsit

Wotsit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

I'm saying I don't know.

#36 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

Ok, thanks. I'm sure you'll agree that its reasonable to ask, but how do we actually find out when and IF it's going to be done.
I don't want to move to RedPro until Aplitek is done. The latter is the main use Skin!

Thanks.
Robert

#37 Wotsit

Wotsit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

Evanescence puts things on the Calendar as she has them in her schedule. If it's going to be done? I don't know :( That's the same answer to the question Am I going to win the lotto?

#38 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

Ok, so we need to be able to ask her, If and When she is going to put Aplitek on her schedule.
I know you'll agree with me Tapir, and your hands are probably tied, but Sherri needs to honour people who supported her and bought her skins.
It's a professional and proper thing to do, and we should have a route to getting an answer.
How can we proceed to do that. I've no wish to be banned from the Shoutbox, but is there any other way?

Thanks
Robert

#39 Wotsit

Wotsit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

Send her a PM? However, my hands aren't tied. I just can't force her to answer me, you or anyone else. If she answers every email/PM/support ticket then she won't have time to produce any skins.

#40 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Guys, I was away for a few days on a family issue.
My apologies for not being here to answer your question.
As for aplitex dark, I have no idea IF or even WHEN it's being released.
I'm an artist, so I do the skins first according to the biggest sellers, then it's according to which one I feel I want to work on next. With more than 72 skins to be done, I can't please everyone with getting them all out and upgraded fast enough, so I stopped trying to do that 12 versions of IPB ago. One thing about the aplitex series is I have to work on removing the left side bar. With the forums already having a right side bar, it's taking up too much space to have both, so the skin will have to be redesigned instead of upgraded and right now, that is not what I'm working on. There are about a half dozen or so more to go that are bigger sellers that must be upgraded/redesigned/released first.

I also want to remind everyone that with a major IPB upgraded like IPB 3.2 was, there is no guarantee that any specific skin will be upgraded. We only guarantee minor upgrades. When there are major upgrades, I usually upgrade only the biggest sellers, then begin either redesigning old skins and/or designing completely new skins. It's always been this way since IBSkin opened our site.