THIS WEEKEND ONLY! FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY

BUY 2 SKINS FOR $12 EACH & GET 1 SKIN FREE!

Also applies to logo text changes and skin installations

You must order your custom IPB 4.0 theme now, before the release of IPB 4.0 RC1 (or first officially supported version) to insure having it completed quickly. Once IPB 4.0 RC1 is released, I will stop all custom theme orders until after I have a dozen or more pre-made themes in the theme shop. Please get your custom theme orders in ASAP if you want your custom theme right away after RC1 is released otherwise, you may be waiting weeks, possibly months to order any custom work.

See THIS POST about our current RARE custom theme design sale before it ends.

- - - - -

Profile Messed up

• Please log in to reply

15 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

Guest_Badge-Hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:49 AM

Okay, just seen what you mean. I had to squeeze my screen down really narrow so that all the stuff in the profile was scrunched together and I was able to recreate it. It's not an error, it's a matter of needing a bigger monitor or higher resolution to be able to even view this software at it's best. I use a 24" monitor and I never see it do that, but when I took it down to tiny size, like what would be seen on a 1200 resolution, it was there. So rikki needs to know that his profile layout is not optimized for all screen resolutions.

I'm sorry Eva if my post sounded harsh or you took it as me bashing you, that was not my intentions at all. I was merely wondering if this issue was going to be fixed. I love the skins and want to use them when the time comes. But I tihink you're right in a aspect that when the custom field is being shown, it only gets messed up then, but not always, it seems when showing information that has a length to it such as a Board URL does it mess up. SO yes, the larger monitors will not have this issue, only the smaller resolutions will.

Okay, just seen what you mean. I had to squeeze my screen down really narrow so that all the stuff in the profile was scrunched together and I was able to recreate it. It's not an error, it's a matter of needing a bigger monitor or higher resolution to be able to even view this software at it's best. I use a 24" monitor and I never see it do that, but when I took it down to tiny size, like what would be seen on a 1200 resolution, it was there. So rikki needs to know that his profile layout is not optimized for all screen resolutions.

True. What I was trying to point out is that what is shown doesn't even appear on an installation that has no alterations. Any custom fields I installed/made visible. Country, Gender, came out under the My Information block. It did not come out under a block on the left as shown here on IBSkin.

The OP can therefore purchase the skins without worrying about that layout Posted Image

You hit it on the head, this problem only seems to show up when there is a custom field to be shown. If you eliminate the custom field the problem goes away. So, I'm wondering if there is an adjustment in the skin that we can do to correct this issue. I purchased a skin from Skingound and I don't have this issue with the profile, with or without the custom fields. So I felt it was a issue with these skins, as my default IPB skin doesn't do this either. I may go ahead and buy one just to see if I can correct the issue. Thanks for the replies everyone.

BH

#12 Wotsit

Wotsit

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:40 AM

You hit it on the head, this problem only seems to show up when there is a custom field to be shown. If you eliminate the custom field the problem goes away. So, I'm wondering if there is an adjustment in the skin that we can do to correct this issue. I purchased a skin from Skingound and I don't have this issue with the profile, with or without the custom fields. So I felt it was a issue with these skins, as my default IPB skin doesn't do this either. I may go ahead and buy one just to see if I can correct the issue. Thanks for the replies everyone.

BH

I didn't :) (hit the nail on the head)I'll try an attachment taken from the new Easter skin ... everything (including custom fields) comes out under the My information block NOT a block on the left.

Attached File  custfield.png   13.29KB   1 downloads

It is well worth buying the premium membership but try one out by all means. :)

#13 Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

Guest_Badge-Hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

The Easter Skin does not do what the others do, so somethign is different between the skins. The Easter Skin is very nice no profile errors like the others. I may start with this one :)

#14 Wotsit

Wotsit

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

The Easter Skin does not do what the others do, so somethign is different between the skins. The Easter Skin is very nice no profile errors like the others. I may start with this one :)

Am I really talking a foreign language? When you install any skin on your own site then it will only show that left hand column if you had it on version 2 and upgraded. On a fresh install of 3.0.5 the column doesn't exist therefore there is no problem. All custom fields come out as I've shown above in any skin.

If you DO have that column then you need to go to the official site and ask them how to get round it. It is nothing to do with the skins from here.

#15 Guest_Badge-Hunter_*

Guest_Badge-Hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, I think you're speaking russian or something, its obvious you're not following what I'm saying. But you know what, it doesn't matter anymore. I'll move along. No sense in trying to explain anything as there is never anything wrong with your skins, they are always great. Its always the other person issue. Thanks for clearing that up.

#16 Wotsit

Wotsit

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, I think you're speaking russian or something, its obvious you're not following what I'm saying. But you know what, it doesn't matter anymore. I'll move along. No sense in trying to explain anything as there is never anything wrong with your skins, they are always great. Its always the other person issue. Thanks for clearing that up.

No, I'm obviously not following what you're saying. I was trying to help. Never mind struggle along on your own see if I care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users