Update!

• Please log in to reply

11 replies to this topic

#1 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

On June 23rd, my daughter's birthday and the 3 year anniversary of Trent's mother passing away, I was on I-10 headed to Cutt Off, Louisiana to get Trent off the boat when a dually truck swerved into my lane. When I swerved to keep him from hitting me, I lost control of my car, it went into a spin and hit the side wall of the bridge at 70 miles per hour. (that's about 112 kilometers per hour) The stone wall was cracked, the nose of my car pushed through so that the sides of the wall came out around my car, but I did not go over the side of the bridge. My air bags did not deploy, no one stopped to help me, I called 911 three times only to be put on hold, my insurance company did not respond for my road side assistance / accident assistance, and 2 and a half hours later, a state trooper finally showed up. My car was totaled completely, but much to everyone's surprise, I was not harmed at all other than a little bit of bruising to my stomach and chest when the front end of the car was pushed inside to trap me between my seat and steering wheel. I was wearing my seat belt, so that too caused a little burn across my chest, but nothing major at all. My driver side door would not open, so I squeezed out and managed to get out of the car unharmed, only terrified. During the spin I could see an 18 wheeler (tanker) coming straight for me, the car started to flip on it's side, then slammed back down causing me to bit through my tongue. I was able to start the car, move it a few feet to safety before the tanker hit me, then the car died. Seems the engine fell out the bottom and nearly ended up in my lap. When the insurance adjuster finally showed up the next day and took pictures, my speedometer was stopped at 85,666 miles. Needless to say, the 666 part had me freaked out. It took a few days for my family to convince me I wasn't dead. I felt no pain, I wasn't hungry, and I had no desire to sleep nor would I get back into another car to go home. Once Trent managed to get me into a rental car to go home to my kids and I freaked out, well, then I knew I wasn't dead. It was the most horrifying moment of my life, but it is over now and I have a new car. Mine was beyond any repair at all. The frame of the car was completely destroyed and the engine mounts broken in half and goodness knows what else. I've had a fear of bridges for 17 years now, since my last accident where I actually went off the side of the bridge into the water. I'm terrified of heights as well, so needless to say, I'm not planning on any long trips involving bridges for a while. I was just starting to get better about my fear of bridges, with having to drive across them so much to go get trent off his boat, but now, I'm doubting I'll ever get past my fear again.

I'm hoping and praying that this week will bring me the peace of mind I need to get myself back on track and back into my work full force. I have to return the rental car tomorrow (Tuesday) which is in Louisiana, 3 hours away, but once that is all done, I'm going to be here working. I promise. I took the time i needed to grieve over the loss of my father-in-law, recover from my accident, and shop for a new car, so God willing, I should be back to normal now.

I'm so sorry I haven't been here for so long, but please rest assured, I'm back now, and I will also be extending all premium memberships an additional 2 months to compensate for loss time of my getting any new skins out. Please understand, during my time away, many of you emailed me, PMed me, called me and text messaged me and I wasn't able to reply to all of you, but I will do my best. But it is very important that I get back to work as fast as I can, so please, please, bare with me. This will not be easy. I've been away now for about 9 weeks.

I will be spending the evening catching up on the newest release of IPB and trying like crazy to get some work done. I'll have my AIM, Yahoo, MSN and google talk open incase anyone needs me.

I'll be leaving here early in the morning about 8am to return the rental car and I expect to be back late afternoon. If I'm not back at my desk when I get home, I WILL be back for certain on Wednesday morning. No worries. :)

I'm not sure how anyone found out about my accident before I managed to get it posted. I only told my family. But for those that contacted me about it with offers of prayers and concern, I want to thank you. For those of you that were misinformed and told that I did not survive the accident, I'm very sorry. I have no idea how on earth that rumor was spread. The best I can figure is maybe someone noticed me from the ad in the paper of something. I have no idea. But believe me, I'm alive and well and promise to be getting back to work right away. :)

Big Hugs,
Sherri

#2 cwade

cwade

Official IBSkin Supporter!

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • 11 posts
  • Skin: Seascape 3.4.6

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

You have favor w/The Almighty so whatever you do to reach out keep doing it.
Thank goodness you are well
I would go to church on Sunday if I were you to praise God and thank Him for little mercies.
Wow, Thank goodness Sherri

Blessings

#3 scooter

scooter

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

Sorry you've been through so much tragedy lately, at least you have survived everything that has been thrown at you. I wish you peace, safety and happiness.

Edited by scooter, 05 July 2010 - 06:38 PM.

#4 Joanne

Joanne

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

Just glad to hear that youre ok.. thats the main thing!!
Glad to see you back Posted Image

#5 Windwalker

Windwalker
  • Interests:Computers, forums, Geocaching, Poetry.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

Glad that you are okay. Keep doing whatever it is your doing. It must be right!

#6 Guest_fragiled_*

Guest_fragiled_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Sorry you've been through so much tragedy lately, at least you have survived everything that has been thrown at you. I wish you peace, safety and happiness.

Well said. Hang in there Sherri!

#7 Faelwen

Faelwen

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

Welcome back, Sherri - I am very relieved you are unhurt! *hugs* You are one very lucky lady; I am sure angels above were watching over you. :) Posted Image

#8 pisaldi

pisaldi

Valued Customer

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:10 AM

Nice that you have no phisical hurt...

But you will need some days else for get better in your fears...

Come on! get better day by day !!! :thumbsup:

#9 HHHmagz

HHHmagz

IBSkin Loyal & Active Member

• Customers
  • 412 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:36 AM

Incredible no one stopped to help or comfort you sherri. Karma will bite them hard babes. Good to have you back. Big huggles (Ps hope you got my mail babes!)

#10 The Old Man

The Old Man

IBSkin Loyal & Active Customer

•  Premium Member
  • 232 posts
  • Skin: Executive 3.4.6
  • Interests:Web, Tech, PC Hardware, Gadgets, Movies

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:55 AM

Wishing you all the best Sherri, they say it comes in three's and you have definitely had all 3 events now, paid up in full.
Thanks for the update and of course the extra 2 months extension which is much appreciated.

I am shocked that nobody stopped to assist you and even more so that the 999 service put you on hold. If that happened in the UK, trust me, it would make the News at Ten on all news stations! That is a outright disgrace and you should certainly follow that up with a complaint (legal or otherwise) within 30 days.

Again, all the best and welcome back.