Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Aplitex Dark 3.1 + Matching HTML Template Released!

• Please log in to reply

48 replies to this topic

#41 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Well Sherri, I'm really glad you've given me and any others interested, a full and clear perspective of where things are with Aplitek. For me and perhaps others, you didn't have as many skins as when you pushed Aplitek. So we bought into it because we liked it and at that time, bought into what you were trying to do and we were with you on that strategy. I made Aplitek my main skin and began to write Interactive tutorials based on and which I did because I had a lot of members, and still do, who are of a mature standing. So you'll appreciate why I've been patient and tried not to move to and buy any other skins.

Now of course you couldn't forsee what IPB were going to do and all the extra work they were going to cause you, but you have fought valiantly and I applaud your effort, and especially the circumstances that have befell your personal life. I've nothing but admiration for you on this and this has played a large part in my patient approach as well.

So nonetheless, I and others still have to make a decision and we can all probably agree with you that your bestsellers take priority. My fear is if I too, have to undertake more work, will it then be dumped again in the future, because you have to follow your priorities. If we stay with your lovely designs, which ones should we bet upon that will be your priority in the future? Help any Clairvoyants out there!! :-)

For me, I'm not a great fan of some of your skins, and there are only a few that I like. I've bought Noel, which is nice for Christmas...and Red Pro as it has a different prime colour to the Blue of Aplitek. I continue to hesitate on buying a New Year one (which is quite nice), because the decision I have to make about the future. With 5000 and growing Members, I don't know how many will complain about taking Aplitek away, so that's a risk for me as well, and if so, what do I replace it with.

I would love to have seen a Holiday/Travel style one, but its never come yet and maybe that's something you can consider. That's what my site is about, and it continues to grow consistently new members in the 60+ bracket every month.

Well I just wanted to honour your response, and share my thoughts also whilst I spend some time pondering my next move. Thanks for all you've done. You are a great designer and underpaid!
Robert

#42 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

Still pondering this and just wondered if anyone has tried 3.2 on the Last Aplitek Update?

#43 tAPir

tAPir

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

Why on earth would anybody install an old skin on 3.2 unless they were a skinner who could correct the issues it made?

#44 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

Ok. Well that's answered my Question. I note there are some useful New Skinning Tools on IBP 3.2 so that's where I was coming from!

#45 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

Just back from travels abroad. Seeing more 3.2 Skins, but no sign of Aplitek. Has Sherri made her mind up on Aplitek yet?

#46 tAPir

tAPir

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

It made the Release Schedule but then it was discovered that there were skin changes in 3.3.0 so I think that schedule went by the wayside. 3.3.0 is not far away though :)

#47 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Is that Aplitek? In Spring 2012? Or are you just referring to the fact that IPB 3.3 is out in Spring?
I am looking at other skin sites now, where as I usually only ever dealt with IBSkin. Its just got too long for a Skin that I paid for and paid for a custom logo, to get an update.

#48 tAPir

tAPir

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

I didn't refer to anything being out in the spring. There are three Aplitek skins in that schedule if you'd like to look at the picture or read the text underneath it.

What I am saying is I believe the schedule may have slipped because 3.3.0 is out soon and there are skin changes in it. If you purchase a 3.2.3 skin from anywhere you'll either have to update it yourself or wait for the skinner to provide an update.

#49 toprobroy

toprobroy

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Sorry Tapir...I'm exhausted as I just got back from a Cruise!. Long travel time to get home! Looked at the topic link and yes, I can see that we're on the list.
I'm going to try a couple of skins from Final Prestige whilst I wait anyway. There are a few nice Free ones for now that I can use with 3.2 as I've waited a long time to get a few skins I like that are all compatible. At least I can update my board to 3.2 for now. Cheers

Edited by toprobroy, 17 March 2012 - 11:30 AM.