• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

The New Skin Shop

I am very pleased to announce that our new skin shop is now up and running!
It contains all our products from IPB 2.3, IPB 3.0 and the current IPB 3.1 as well as all our add-on services, graphics, website templates and more.

You will never again have to wait to have your order filled. Once you make your skin purchase, you will simply be brought back here to the forums where you will go to your "Client Area" and click on the item you purchased and it will give you your download link. It is much like the same way as it's done on the IPS site when you buy or renew your products from them.

Your client area can be found in your member drop down menu at the top of every screen here on our forums. (see image below)

Posted Image

Once you are in your client area, you will click on "Purchases" to view your items purchased and see your download links. (see image below)

Posted Image

That's it! Purchasing a skin (or anything else) from IBSkin will always be a pleasant experience from here on out. No more waiting to have your order filled! :thumbsup:

Our New Support Ticket System

As of today, we will be closing our old support ticket system and opening our new one with IP.Nexus as well. From this point on, if you need to open a support ticket, you will visit your client area and click on "Support" on the left side of the page as shown in the image below...

Posted Image

Please understand, while we do try to answer all support ticket requests, we want to ask all of you to please refrain from submitting support tickets for the following:

1.) When will XXXXXX Skin be upgraded? (When it's upgraded. I have more than 70 skins to upgrade and I'm only one person. Meanwhile, IPS insists on releasing constant upgrades on top of upgrades to the underlying software, so I can't keep any kind of upgrade schedule I'm afraid.)
2.) I want XXXXXX changed on my skin because I don't like where it is. (I wish I had time for custom edits like this, but thanks to IPS's never ending upgrade releases, I just don't have the time for any custom work like that right now.)
3.) I just purchased a skin and I paid, where's my download link? (this has already been explained above)
4.) My XXXXXX skin is not working with my XXXXXX mod. (we don't officially support 3rd party/non-IPS official apps of any kind)

Skin Upgrades

As you all know, IPS has become so far advanced over the past couple of years that it has exploded with tons of new features, add-ons and underlying source code. Back during the days of IPB 1.3 and 2.x I could design a new skin from start to finish in about 2 to 4 days max. An upgrade only took a few short hours. Well, times have changed and the times of skinning bliss are now behind us. IF I work 14 to 18 hour days non-stop, I MIGHT be able to finish a new skin from start to finish in about 5 to 7 days. But let's face it, I work out of my home, I DO have a little bit of a life outside of IBSkin and I DO have to sleep and eat sometime. So the reality of it is, a new skin takes about a week to a week and a half to complete working anywhere from 8 to 12 hour days. An upgrade takes about the same amount of time, if not longer. When you factor in the amount of days it takes to create the skin, the hours invested, the hard work and fine detail in the graphics and code, having to maintain up to date licenses for all the IPS products just so I can skin them, the cost of my VPS to keep IBSkin going, the cost of my Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver software needed for creating a skin, my internet service here at my home office that is needed to run IBSkin etc. etc. etc... well, as you can see, $10 to $18 a skin just isn't making it worth my while to skin at all. I'm barely keeping my head above water as it is, and I can't keep going this way. The wonderful world of IPB skinning has reached its all time low as far as the economy is concerned, and I have to find a way to keep my head above water. So here's what I'm getting at...

As of today, there will no longer be "Upgrade Pricing" available for those who have purchased previous versions of our pre-made skins in the past.
This is for major upgrades only. We do not charge for minor upgrades, such as IPB 3.1.2 to IPB 3.1.3.
I can't charge less for a product that takes just as much time and effort, (sometimes more) to create, than it does for a new skin. There is no way possible for me to stay in business this way if I'm only charging $10 or $12 for upgrades. Especially when most of our customers here at IBSkin already own 75% of all our products, so I'm mainly working all the time for a very small fee. Not to mention all the extra time and work involved with keeping up with who purchased what, when and how much to charge them. I know many of you will be pretty angry about this and it will cause a lot of inconvenience to many of our our customers, and for this I am truly very sorry. But this is the only way I can manage to keep IBSkin thriving to insure we're around for a long long time.

Phone Support

As of today, IBSkin will no longer offer phone support to our customers. All support issues will be handled through our new support system in the IP.Nexus application here on our forums. Phone support has been taking up more than 4 hours a day of my time and is keeping me from getting my work done. I can't keep IBSkin open if I'm sitting on the phone all the time. I'm so sorry. One day, I hope to see IBSkin blossom in to a huge successful company that will allow for me to hire a secretary and support staff. But until my dreams come true, for now we will have to rely on our online support system.

Pre-Made Skin Pricing

For now, mostly all of our skins are priced at $20. I have gradually raised our prices a dollar at a time over the past few months as to insure less shock on your wallets. However, as of January 1st, 2011, IBSkin will be raising all our skin prices by as much as $5. Premium membership prices will also go up $20 as of January 1st, 2011. We have to do this because now, IPB has sooooo many components to skin for, if I don't raise my prices ever so slightly, I will certainly end up going out of business. It has taken me weeks to reach this decision, and I assure you, I didn't come about it lightly. For now, through the end of the year, our prices will remain at $20 for most of our skins. Website templates will remain only $10.

Customer Downloads

Unfortunately, IP.Nexus does not have a feature to manually add in a transaction like I had expected it would. So this leaves me unable to transfer all customer purchase and download data into our new system. I will leave the customer downloads up for those that need to be able to access their old purchases they made prior to our switch to IP.Nexus, but since we will no longer offer upgrade prices anyway, there is no reason to keep it around after the next IPB Upgrade as your old downloads will no longer be any good to you anyway. The customer downloads area will stay intact for now. Once the next IPB upgrade is released and we start upgrading all our skins (again), everyone will have to purchase their upgrades in the new IP.Nexus skin shop which will then provide the new, current download link. So I encourage all of you to make sure to get your skins downloaded now and backed up so you always have access to them even after we disable the customer downloads area which will be after the next major IPB upgrade or by January 1st, whichever comes first.

That pretty much sums it up for now. After I post this, I'm going to get back to work on the Pumpkin Patch skin. It's a little more than half done, so it wont be long now! :thumbsup:

#2 .Josh

.Josh

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Great news, I'm looking to get a 3.1 Christmas skin. Will one be released before the 15th? :s

#3 kimforster

kimforster

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

That's awesome Posted Image I just made my purchase & I got it instantly in the client area.
Great work Posted Image I am happy Posted Image

#4 feromoon

feromoon

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:34 AM

...did someone mentioned Christmas skin? You can count me in!

Btw, I do have Tropical breeze and would love to have it updated. ;)

Edited by feromoon, 09 November 2010 - 03:36 AM.

#5 Breadfan

Breadfan

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:23 AM

Great news! ;)

#6 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Tropical Breeze is now in progress and is the very next to be released either today or tomorrow. I'll have the incompleted preview up here in just a few hours so I can see it live and find all those little nooks and crannies that always seem to be hiding from me. :P

Posted Image