Computer Reformat

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

My computer seems to have a mind of its own lately, so this morning I did a complete reformat / factory reset. I'll be spending the next few hours getting all my software back on it and doing system updates, etc. I'll be able to check in throughout the day for support issues, but I will not be working on any skin upgrades until I'm done with my computer issues.

#2 Sherri

Sherri
  • Interests:Skinning!

• Proud IBSkin Lifetime Supporter!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

The past few days have been a pain in the rear. Seems there are some windows updates that, evidently, my computer doesn't seem to like very much. After reformatting my computer, loading everything back on, getting all set up again, then here comes the instant "Shut Down" out of no where. I power back up, and there's that darn blue screen again, telling me that I need to do a system restore, only after 4 hours of hassling with it, come to find out, it can't restore anything because the whole computer is messed up somehow. Same thing as the day before, so my computer repair guy got me all fixed up for a pretty penny, and I'm FINALLY getting all my stuff set back up to get my skinning work done. THANK GOD I invested in an external hard drive for backup last year, because it I hadn't, I would have lost EVERYTHING! Whewwww.... Thank you to all you that suggested that to me last year. It was a life saver.

I'm on hold with Adobe right now, trying to get some help with an issue I'm having, nothing major, but anyway, after I'm off the phone, if my husband hasn't called by then, (he's offshore and coming home tomorrow) then I'll finish up all my installs, and getting back to business.

Sorry I wasn't able to be around the past couple days. I'm back now. Tomorrow will be a crazy day with all that got piled up for me to get done.

tAPir, I promise I will get on those support inquiries no later than Wednesday. I am so sorry you guys.

#3 Bryan

Bryan

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

welcome back...hope your computer doesn't cause you any more fits